EVALUATION AND EXAMINATION
20% of the marks in the theory papers are reserved for Internal Assessment based on regular attendance and two written tests conducted during the academic session.
First internal assessment tests are conducted in the last week of September whereas second internal tests are conducted in the last week of November.
Students who do not appear in the internal assessment tests (except those who have sought prior permission from the Principal) shall have to pay a fine of Rs.50/- per subject for re-test.
A student has to pass in the internal assessment and external examination separately.
BREAKUP OF 20 % MARKS OF INTERNAL ASSESSMENT
|Break-up of 20 marks for subjects having max. 100 marks||Break-up of 30 marks for subjects having max.150 marks|
|First Test||7.5 Marks||11.0 Marks|
|Second Test||7.5 Marks||11.5 Marks|
|Attendance||5.0 Marks||7.5 Marks|
Break-Up of 20 Marks of Attendance
|Break-up of 20 marks for subjects having max.100 marks||Break-up of 30 marks for subjects having max.150 mark|
|75 – 80%||2.0 Marks||3.0 Marks|
|80.01 85%||3.0 Marks||4.5 Marks|
|85.01 90%||4.0 Marks||6.0 Marks|
|90.01100%||5.0 Marks||7.5 Marks|
80% of the total marks in theory are reserved for external examination. A student is permitted to take the University examination subject to the fulfillment of the following eligibility requirement.
1. The student should have paid the University examination fee at the time of submission of the examination form.
2. He/she should have attended a minimum of 75% of the total lectures delivered during the session in each theory subject.
3. Not more than 30 duties in total shall be given to a student who has participated in sports/NSS/NCC or any other co-curricular activities of the College during the entire session.
CONDONATION OF LECTURES
The Principal can condone shortage of a student in attendance in each subject up to five lectures.
An outgoing student may obtain the following certificates from the College
1. Provisional Certificate
2. Character Certificate
3. College Leaving Certificate (if a student leaves in mid-session)
1. Certificates shall be issued only after the student produces “No demand Certificate” from all the concerned Departments, Library and Sports section, NCC and NSS.
2. The first copy of the certificate shall be issued free of cost. Duplicate copies shall be issued on payment basis. Payment of Rs. 20/- per certificate shall be charged.