The College offers undergraduate courses in humanities stream only.
Besides compulsory General English, the students are offered the courses as mentioned below:-
General courses :
A) Faculty of Humanities
• MIL (Hindi, Urdu)
• Political Science
• CCL (Arabic, Persian)
B) Compulsory Course in Environmental Studies for students of B.A.
SUBJECTIVE COMBINATION IN HUMANITIES :
1. Education, History, MIL
2. Education, Political Science and Economics
3. Political Science, Economics and MIL
4. Education, MIL, and Persian/Arabic
5. Education, History and Persian/Arabic
6. Political Science, History and Persian/Arabic
7. History, Economics and MIL
8. Political Science, History and MIL
9. Education, Political Science and MIL
10. Education, MIL, Economics
11. Political Science, Persian /Arabic
(Note: – MIL stands for Modern Indian Languages i.e. Hindi and Urdu)
Academic Session and admission :
Academic session shall start from the date notified by the University of Jammu.
1. Admission is open to all J & K State Subjects and wards of Central Govt. employees, Army and Para- military personnel posted in J and K State
2. The admission schedule is announced every year containing detailed information and is published in local newspapers before the start of admission process.
3. Students seeking admission in B.A part I, shall apply on prescribed admission form appended with the prospectus which can be obtained from the College office on any working day on a cash payment of Rs.50/-.
4. Change of subjects is the not permissible after admission.
5. Students belonging to reserved categories as listed in SRO -294 shall get additional weightage of 5% marks for the purpose of allotment of a particular combination.
6. The Form duly filled in and signed by the parent or guardian shall be submitted to the College office on or before the expiry of the last date, which is notified separately.
7. The Principal reserves the right to reject or accept the application for admission without assigning any reason thereof.
The following certificates /testimonials must be attached with the admission form:-
a) Provisional certificate (in original) issued by the institution last attended / J and K Board of School Education in case of private students.
b) Marks certificate of the class last passed (one original and four attested copies).
c) Character certificate (in original), issued by the head of the institution last attended.
d) In case of private candidates, the character certificate should be signed by a first class magistrate /SHO/ MLA of the concerned area.
e) Three unattested copies of recent passport size photograph.
f) Matriculation certificate as date of birth certificate (Original and two attested copies).
g) Transfer certificate of father or guardian in case of wards of military/para-military personnel or Central Govt. employees.
h) Reserved category certificate from the competent authority as stated in SRO -294 (original and two attested copies)
i) Migration certificate for the students from boards /universities other than J &K Board /University of Jammu.
1. A student who has passed the Higher Secondary Part II examination (class XII) from the J&K Board of School Education or any other board of school education or an examination recognized as its equivalent by the University of Jammu only, is eligible for admission to B.A. Part I.
2. Provided that a candidate having been placed under re-appear in one subject only of the Higher Secondary Part-II examination (10+2 pattern) of the J&K Board of School Education or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereof, if otherwise found eligible, may be allowed provisional admission in the College to the B.A. Part I course; he /she shall also be allowed to appear in the B.A. Part I examination provisionally on fulfillment of the other statutory conditions provided that the result of the said examination shall be declared only after he/she clears the backlog of higher secondary examination under reappear category within the prescribed chances, failing which the admission to the said course as well as permission to appear in the examination granted provisionally in his/her favour, shall stand automatically cancelled. Provided further that number of students will not exceed the approved intake capacity sanctioned for the College by the University.
3. A student whose result is declared late by the JK Board of School Education, may be admitted as per admission rules of the University, subject to the availability of seats.
4. A student who is admitted to the College and completes the minimum required attendance but either fails or does not appear in the ensuing University examination, will not be considered for admission in same class in the next academic session.
5. A student with a break in academic career will not be considered for admission in the College. However, the Principal may condone one year break where ever he feels convinced about the reasons responsible for the break in studies, subject to the availability of seats.
6. If a student after being admitted, remains continuously absent for fifteen days, his/her name shall be struck off from the College roll and shall not be re-admitted to the same class during the same academic session. The year so wasted shall be counted as one year break /gap and dealt with under appropriate clauses, in case he/she presents himself/herself for readmission in the next academic session.
7. Admission forms, complete in all respects, of all the selected candidates will be scrutinized along with all the enclosures before they are granted admission. They shall deposit the admission fee in the College Office on or before the last date fixed by the University of Jammu/or Government.
8. Change of subjects is not permitted after admission. Admission to a particular stream/subject combination shall be purely on the merit basis and availability of seats.